Gender Institute Funding for a Signature Event 2023
Applications for this grant have now closed. Please keep an eye out for further opportunities.
The Gender Institute Signature Event will be a major conference or workshop that contributes to our overall objectives to:
- Advance gender and sexuality research, and take feminist and intersectional approaches to research;
- Aim to inform gender-related public policy;
- Promote gender equity through research.
In allocating grants:
- We will give preference to projects with clearly described and achievable outcomes, including publications, external grant applications, reports and media outputs.
- Events that have a public-facing aspect or are open to the participation of Gender Institute members are particularly encouraged.
- We aim to support both in-person and online methods of working.
- We encourage new collaborations among established and early career gender researchers, or the further development of existing ones.
- Projects that promote the development of connections with government and non-government organisations with regard to gender equality are welcomed.
- We seek to support research that develops equal and respectful relationships with marginalised and under-represented communities.
You should also provide:
- Information about any other sources of funding sought or obtained.
- Endorsement of the College Dean/Divisional Director or Supervisor.
Who can apply?
ANU staff or postgraduate students who are current members of the Gender Institute can apply. Where groups are applying a lead applicant should be identified. Projects by or including early career academics will be especially welcome.
When are applications due?
Sept 9 2022
Oct 12 2022
- A well-designed and innovative event with clear aims, methods, and significance.
- The event involves collaborations that add value to ANU gender research.
- The likelihood of publications or grant applications arising from the event.
- Attention to impact, outreach and engagement.
- Evidence of good planning, including an effective communication strategy, feasible timeline, clear deliverables.
- Justified budget.
What does funding cover?
The maximum that can be requested for this event is $15,000.
We are able to consider:
- Domestic and international travel and accommodation to support speakers at events on campus. In making decisions about the necessity and means of travel you are asked to consider potential disruptions as well as the carbon footprint, in line with the ANU Below Zero initiative.
- Administrative and technical support.
- Catering costs for events -- but please note that the expectation is that these will be kept to a minimum. In view of the environmental impacts of livestock farming and emissions, we also strongly recommend plant-based catering to reduce the carbon footprint of our events.
- Honoraria (up to $300, for those outside ANU).
Applying for a Grant
- Signature Events in this round should be held in 2023.
- Download and complete Part A: Application cover sheet
- Download and complete all sections of Part B: Full project description
- Submit Part A and Part B, along with any other relevant material to email@example.com. Please ensure you include "SIGNATURE EVENT Grant Application" in the subject of your email.
- Please see the conditions of the award below.
|GI Signature Event Application A FINAL.docx||43.57 KB|
|GI Signature Event Application B FINAL.docx||41.93 KB|
|GI Signature Event Conditions of Award FINAL.docx||229.98 KB|