Background and aims
The Gender Institute is proud to host and help to develop a great variety of projects by ANU scholars and professional staff.
Our first grant round for 2021 will reflect and grow gender, sexuality, feminist and intersectional research at ANU and support gender equity-related projects within the ANU community.
Who can apply?
ANU staff or postgraduate students who are current members of the Gender Institute can apply. Where groups are applying a lead applicant should be identified.
Projects and events that aim to influence gender-related public policy and/or include or support early career academics will be especially welcome, as will those that initiate or consolidate national and international research collaborations. We will give preference to projects with clearly described and achievable outcomes, including publications, external grant applications, reports and media outputs. Our grants aim to support both in-person and online methods of working.
When are applications due?
Wednesday 16 June 2021
Wednesday 14 July 2021
Applications for funding
What does funding cover?
Please note that at this stage, we will not be funding any international travel for events planned in 2021 or 2022. While domestic travel and accommodation to bring speakers to ANU can be requested, you are asked to consider the carbon footprint in making decisions about the necessity and means of travel, in line with the ANU Below Zero initiative. You may request catering costs but the expectation is that these will be kept to a minimum.
- Workshops for postgraduate students
- Writing workshops for early career researchers
- Signature events – conferences and workshops including some aspects open to the GI community such as public lectures or roundtable discussions.
- Distinguished lecture and seminar by a renowned scholar
- Gender equity research and innovative initiatives within ANU
- Seed funding for cross-disciplinary collaborative research aligned with the aims of the Gender Institute
- Workshop, conference or symposium on gender and/or sexuality
For more examples of grants awarded by the Gender Institute please visit our website.
- Please provide an outline of the project with a timeline and detailed justified budget for project delivery (see Part B: Full project description form below).
- The maximum that can be requested for any project is $5,000, with the exception of the Signature Event ($10,000)
How to apply
- Download and complete Part A: Application cover sheet (available below)
- Download and complete all sections of Part B: Full project description (available below)
- Submit Part A and Part B, along with any other relevant material to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the event that your email attachments exceed the authorised limit, we recommend submitting your application either physically to our office or by using free cloud storage services like Dropbox, OneDrive, WeTransfer or Google Drive. If you require assistance using these platforms please reach out to the administrator before the submission deadline.
Please direct all enquiries to Gender Institute administrator by email.
|GI_R1 2021_Part A.docx||39.48 KB|
|GI_R1 2021_Part B.docx||38.69 KB|