The following grants have been awarded by the Gender Institute in 2013
Grant Round 2, 2013:
- Professor Marian Sawer, Masterclass by Professor Linda Trimble for Postgraduate Students. Public lecture: ‘The Media Framing of Women Prime Ministers in Australia, Canada and New Zealand’; Signature event entitled ‘Framed? Julia Gillard and the Gender Wars’, with Panel, August 2014.
- Dr Monique Rooney, ‘Queer Theory’s Foucault’ / Queer Objects, two connected events: ‘The Queer Theory’s Foucault’ Gender Institute Distinguished lecture by Professor Robyn Wiegman from Duke University and symposium, October 2014.
- Dr Minerva Nasser Eddine, ‘The Art of Revolution in Egypt: Brushes with Women’ - Public Lecture and ECR Workshop: ‘New Culture’: Active Gender Equality & Social Justice in the Arab world- with visitor with Margot Badran, September 2013. Report
- Dr Elisabeth Findlay, Academic Women’s Writing Workshop (AWWW), December 2013.
- Celine d'Orgeville, 'Improving gender access and equity within the ANU RSAA: Promoting gender equity from within', Gender Equity Research and Innovative Initiatives within ANU, November 2013-March 2014. Report
- Serge Tcherkezoff, ‘Adoption by same-sex parents in Western societies’, Distinguished Public Lecture and Round Table by Prof Agnes FINE, EHESS, France, September 2013.
Grant Round 1, 2013:
- Dr Kathryn Spurling, ‘Inspiring Australian Women’, Signature event/ distinguished lectures by renowned scholars; Ms Geraldine Cox, Cambodian Sunrise Village project, 25 September 2013. Event podcast; Ms Matilda House-Williams, Ngambri, Ngunnawal, Wiradjuri elder, 21 October 2013; Professor Fiona Wood, Western Australia Citizen of the Year award for her contribution to Medicine, 'In Mind Body and Spirit': a life’s journey and the quest for burn injury scarless healing, 30 October 2013.
- Dr Susan Harris-Rimmer, Public lecture and ECR workshop by Ms Kamala Chandrakirana as part of the proposed Women, Peace and Security: Promoting Justice in the Asia Pacific Region event.
- Dr Cathy Banwell, Workshop for graduate students: Enhancing Gender in Research and Writing, 8-9 August.
- Anne Macduff, Public lecture by renowned scholar, Dr Honni van Rijswijk, University of Technology Sydney, ‘Feminism, Law, and Literature: New Directions’ at the 2013 National Annual Conference of the Law, December 2013; Writing workshop for ECR/HDR by Dr Honni van Rijswijk The Politics and Aesthetics of Academic Writing.
- Dr Joanna Sikora, Public lecture and workshop, Prof. Maureen Baker, Professor of Sociology at the University of Auckland, 'Academic Careers and the Gender Gap’, Gender Equity Research and Innovative Initiatives within ANU, 2 September; part of ANU Gender Institute Women in Academia seminar series. Event video
- Dr Victoria Mason, The 'female Rushdie': Fallen prose of a fallen woman. Public lecture by Hanifa Deen, award-winning author and social commentator of Pakistani-Muslim ancestry.
Out of Round, 2013:
- Professor Ken George, Feminisms, Transnationalism and the Media; Masterclass for PhD students and ECRs by Purnima Mankekar, Associate Professor in Gender Studies and Asian American Studies at the University of California (UCLA), 16 July 2013, and Public Lecture: Erotics, Media, and Sociality in Transnational Asia 17 July 2013.
- Dr Inger Mewburn, ‘Gender matters in research training: Gender, degree completion, training and support services’, Seminar in connection with research project on graduate student patterns of attrition and retention.