Background and aims
The Gender Institute is proud to sponsor the development of a great variety of projects by ANU scholars and professional staff.
- gender and sexuality research;
- feminist and intersectional approaches in research;
- projects and events that aim to inform gender-related public policy;
- gender equity projects with a research element, within the ANU community.
Who can apply?
- We will give preference to projects with clearly described and achievable outcomes, including publications, external grant applications, reports and media outputs.
- Our grants aim to support both in-person and online methods of working.
- Projects can commence anytime between late 2021 and the end of 2022.
When are applications due?
Tuesday 14 September 2021
Thursday 4 November 2021
Applications for funding
- Workshops for postgraduate students
- Writing workshops for early career researchers
- Distinguished lecture and seminar by a renowned scholar
- Gender equity research and innovative initiatives within ANU
- Seed funding for cross-disciplinary collaborative research aligned with the aims of the Gender Institute
- Workshop, conference or symposium on gender and/or sexuality
You may apply in any of these categories. To see more examples of grants awarded by the Gender Institute please visit our website.
- Research and related events that can be delivered both on campus and online (‘hybrid’ events). Our preference is to fund work that has a public-facing aspect or is open to the participation of Gender Institute members.
- Projects with outcomes that include publications, grant applications, reports and/or that lead to podcasts or other media outputs that would enhance our profile, including by showcasing work on our website.
- Projects that seek to inform public policy.
- The initiation of new international collaborations among gender researchers, or the development of existing ones.
- The creation of content that can be shared by those teaching gender/sexuality courses or that develop gender-related content for courses that have not previously included it.
- Projects that enhance gender equity at ANU.
What does funding cover?
- Domestic travel and accommodation to support speakers at events on campus.
- Requests for teaching relief, administrative and technical support, and research assistance to enable projects.
- Funds for the development of web content and other online resources to be hosted on the Gender Institute website, where that cannot be provided by a local area.
- Support for advancing gender equity goals, e.g. a workshop delivered by external specialists.
- Honoraria (up to $250, for those outside ANU). Support for technical access from non-ANU participants can also be funded, where appropriate, to enable remote participation in research events such as webinars hosted by ANU.
Please note that we will not be funding any international travel for events in this round. While domestic travel to bring speakers to ANU can be requested, in making decisions about the necessity and means of travel you are asked to consider potential border closures as well as the carbon footprint, in line with the ANU Below Zero initiative. You may request catering costs but the expectation is that these will be kept to a minimum.
How to apply
Please direct all enquiries to Gender Institute administrator by email.
|GI_R2 2021_Part A_0_0.docx||37.92 KB|
|GI_R2 2021_Part B_0_0.docx||38.2 KB|