Applications for the 2021 Gender Institute student prizes for undergraduate and graduate work completed in 2021 are closed.
The ANU Gender Institute Prizes for Excellence in Gender and Sexuality Research are awarded annually to honour research that has made an important contribution to the fields of gender, feminist perspectives and/or sexuality by an ANU student.
The prizes are awarded under the following categories:
- Undergraduate Honours Thesis – $500
- PhD Thesis – $1000
- Journal article published in 2021 by an ANU Higher Degree Researcher– $500
The award is available each year to any ANU student/higher degree researcher who:
Selection and Constraints
A selection committee is convened by the ANU Gender Institute every year to decide the award for each category. Prize recipients are selected by sub-committees on the following basis:
- Quality in the specialist disciplines or field (as evinced in the examiners’ reports)
- Evidence of how far the thesis was seen to advance broader feminist theory in studies of gender and/or sexuality.
The following criteria will be taken into account in assessing the achievement of the two aims articulated above:
The ANU Gender Institute reserves the right to make no award if it considers there is no applicant of sufficient merit. The ANU Gender Institute may also vary the number of prizes if multiple winners are identified.
To apply, applicants need to do the following:
- Download and complete an application form (attached below)
- Submit this form signed and dated with the filename appended to include your initials, along with the required documents (listed below), via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The completed application form
- A copy of the thesis/article
- The supervisor's letter of support (including for Honours the numerical grades awarded by examiners, overall numerical grade for the honours year and final level of award, the percentage weight for the thesis, and how the candidate ranked in relation to the overall honours cohort in that year).
- Examiners' (or for an article referees') reports: a scanned, signed copy.
Applications close on 2 February 2022. Given many people are on leave in January we recommend you progress your application with your supervisor in a timely fashion.
Please direct all enquiries to: email@example.com
Image by Andrew Ostrovsky
|CoA_ANU Gender Institute Prizes 2021.pdf||589.97 KB|
|2021 GI Prizes Application Form_0.docx||110.86 KB|