Presenter/s: The University of Sydney
Event type: Workshop
Event date: Wednesday, 1 November 2017 - 3:00pm to Friday, 3 November 2017 - 1:30pm
Event venue: Holme Building, University of Sydney, Camperdown campus
This year's theme, Accelerating change in gender diversity and inclusion, will explore how university leadership can drive culture change through innovation and deliver practical solutions based on best practice. Participants will hear from individuals working within and outside of academia and will share their own experiences in this discursive, solutions-based workshop.
Through a range of sessions, participants will:
- Share experiences and case studies, from within and outside higher education, which deliver gender diversity and inclusion.
- Identify examples of innovation and best practice in changing organisational systems and culture to advance gender diversity and inclusion.
- Provide a forum in which participants can discuss existing challenges and generate potential solutions.
- Enable the participants to network and deepen relationships with their international colleagues.
- Discuss how the APRU can accelerate change in gender diversity and inclusion, and identify actions for updating the APRU Gender Gap Report.
Participants will leave feeling more equipped to lead change in gender diversity and inclusion. The workshop will also consider how to maximise the value and impact of the APRU Gender Gap Report, which will be updated in 2018.
There is no registration fee, but all participants must register here by Friday 22 September 2017. Please note that there is limited capacity for this workshop, so early registration is recommended.
Click here to download the full workshop programme which includes the following events, to which all speakers and participants are invited:
- Wednesday 1 November 2017, 3.00pm – 7.00pm
Arrivals, Registration and Welcome reception
- Thursday 2 November 2017, 8.30am – 8:00pm
Workshop day 1 and Workshop dinner
- Friday 3 November 2017, 8.30am – 1.30pm
Workshop day 2, departures