SWIP UK are calling for papers for their panel at the Joint Session of the Mind Association and Aristotelian Society to be held at the University of Cambridge, 11th-13th of July 2014.
Papers submitted to the panel should be consistent with the aims of SWIP UK:
- to facilitate co-operation between women in philosophy
- to support women in philosophy,
- to promote philosophy by women, past and present,
- to foster feminism in philosophy and philosophy in feminism,
- to collect information of potential interest to women in philosophy,
- to raise public awareness of discrimination against women in philosophy, past and present,
- to end discrimination against women in philosophy.
Small SWIP travel bursaries are available for panellists in financial need.
SWIP solicits full papers (2000 words) plus 250 word abstract, suitable to be delivered in no more than 20 minutes with a further 10 minutes for discussion. Submissions from graduate students are encouraged. As with all the Open Sessions, papers accepted for this session will not be published in the Supplementary Volume of the Aristotelian Society.
The closing date for submissions is *14th February 2014* with accepted papers confirmed by the beginning of April 2014.
Papers that are not accepted for the SWIP panel may be considered for the Open Sessions. You should indicate when submitting your paper whether you wish the paper to be considered for the Open Sessions.
Submissions must be suitable for anonymous reviewing with a separate document attached for your name and contact details.
Email submissions are preferred; please send your full paper, with an abstract as either .doc or .pdf attachment to Roxanna Lynch.
To speak at this event you will need to register as a delegate for the Joint Session. Registration will be open from Spring 2014. For more details see here.