Applications are sought twice a year for funding the development and implementation of the following events and projects – with the maximum amount that any application can ask for given in brackets (it is acceptable to use multiple categories within a grant application).
Applications for funding are now closed.
‘Out of round’ applications can be made in extenuating circumstances at any time using the form below, along with the project description and budget justification, and submitting by email to Professor Margaret Jolly.
» See our guidelines webpage for more information.
Submissions must be made online - see 'How to apply' below for instructions.
- Workshops for postgraduate students (up to $4,000)
- Writing workshops for early career researchers (up to $4,000)
- Signature event for subsequent year (up to $10,000) Application in Round 1 only.
- Distinguished lecture by a renowned scholar (up to $4,000)
- Gender equity research and innovative initiatives within ANU (up to $10,000)
- Seed funding for cross-disciplinary, collaborative research to be developed for major funders (up to $4,000)
- Workshop, conference or symposium on gender and/or sexuality (up to $4,000)
ANU staff and students or groups of ANU staff or students can apply. Where groups are applying a lead applicant should be identified.
When are applications due?
- Grant round 1 2018: closing date June 15 2018
- Grant round 2 2018: closing date December 6 2018.
Categories not eligible for funding
Please note that the Gender Institute does not provide funding for personal research projects, team research projects, the hiring of research assistants, scholarships, bursaries, per diems and gifts for speakers. We aim to support events and initiatives that are accessible to and benefit the wider ANU community.
- Please download the funding guidelines below and read them carefully to ensure your application is complete. You can also visit our funding guidelines for 2018 webpage.
- The application form is available below.
- The application form and project description document are to be submitted via the online portal.
Please direct all enquiries to Gender Institute administrator by email.