Applications are sought twice a year for funding the development and implementation of the following events and projects – with the maximum amount that any application can ask for given in brackets (it is acceptable to use multiple categories within a grant application).
Applications for round 1 of 2018 funding are now open.
Grant recipients are responsible for any bookings and arrangements associated with events, including producing any print material. The Gender Institute will advertise events supported by grants through our newsletter and on our website.
‘Out of round’ applications can be made in extenuating circumstances at any time using the form below, along with the project description and budget justification, and submitting by email to Professor Margaret Jolly. See our guidelines webpage for more information.
Submissions must be made online - see 'How to apply' below for instructions.
- Workshops for postgraduate students (up to $4,000)
- Writing workshops for early career researchers (up to $4,000)
- Signature event for subsequent year (up to $10,000)
- Distinguished lecture by a renowned scholar (up to $4,000)
- Gender equity research and innovative initiatives within ANU (up to $10,000)
- Seed funding for cross-disciplinary collaborative research aligned with the aims of the Gender Institute - e.g. to support a seminar series (up to $4,000)
- Workshop, conference or symposium on gender and/or sexuality (up to $4,000)
ANU staff and students or groups of ANU staff or students can apply. Where groups are applying a lead applicant should be identified.
Please note that the Gender Institute does not provide funding for personal research projects, including hiring research assistants. We aim to support events and initiatives that are accessible to and benefit the wider ANU community.
When are applications due?
- Grant round 1 2018: closing date June 15 2018
- Grant round 2 2018: closing date will be published later this year
- Please download the funding guidelines below and read them carefully to ensure your application is complete. You can also visit our funding guidelines for 2018 webpage.
- The application form is available below.
- The application form and project description document are to be submitted via the online portal.