The Dublin/Sklar Graduate Essay Competition: To thank the founding editors and to recognize emerging scholars of women’s, gender, and sexuality history, the incoming editors of Women and Social Movements and Alexander Street are pleased to announce an inaugural WASM graduate essay competition. The winner will be awarded $500 and receive recognition at the WASM luncheon at the Organization of American Historians Annual Conference. The selected essay will be peer-reviewed and eligible for publication in the WASM Journal.
Essay Due Date: 1 January 2019 to Rebecca Plant (email@example.com) and Judy Tzu-Chun Wu (firstname.lastname@example.org)
1. A cover page with the essay title, author’s name and contact information.
2. An essay of 8,000 words maximum, double-spaced, paginated, with one inch margins, using Times Roman 12 point font, and the author’s name removed.
1. Use one or more of the WASM primary source collections as the basis for the research paper.
2. The author may choose to conduct additional research beyond the WASM collections.
3. Essays will be evaluated based on the originality and significance of intellectual contribution, the quality of writing, and the use of primary sources.