Call for Expressions of Interest: Communication and Engagement Fellows Program
Supported by funds from the ANU Gender Institute, we are looking for female identifying academics in the STEMM disciplines who want to gain confidence, communication skills and experience.
Delivered by the same people who provide science communication training for visibility and leadership programs for women in STEMM such as Superstars of STEM and Homeward Bound, this on campus initiative draws on national and international best practice techniques and research to create an engaging and effective career development initiative.
What’s in it for participants?
- Techniques and strategies to build confidence and develop high level communication skills.
- Opportunities to publicly communicate your work in a way you may not have before, within a supportive environment.
- Mentoring, training and support from local journalists and communication professionals, both on and off campus.
- A fun, supportive network.
What is the time and cost for this?
- Attend one session per month for six months on campus at a time negotiated to suit the cohort.
- This is a free program, with refreshments provided at every session.
How do you get involved?
Places are limited to one participant from each centre/department within the Colleges of Science; Health and Medicine; and Engineering and Computer Science.
You are encouraged to self-nominate, and to encourage those who may not put themselves forward!
Please email a brief (maximum one A4 page) expression of interest (EoI) outlining your position at ANU, career stage (early or mid), why you want to be involved in this program and what goal it will help you achieve.
Please email your EoI to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Friday 4 May, 2018.
The program will commence in late May, at a date to be determined with successful applicants.