The Gender Institute is delighted to congratulate Gender Institute Management Committee member Associate Professor Penelope King on receiving the Clare Burton Award for Excellence in Equity and Diversity.
As the founder and inaugural chair of the Research School of Earth Sciences (RSES) Equity and Diversity Committee and deputy chair of the CPMS committee she has tirelessly and passionately led a process of real and positive change.
Her impressive list of achievements include:
- Implementation of the first Workplace Culture Survey at RSES, supported by a grant from the Gender Institute.
- Clarification and quantification of the situation around equity, diversity, inclusivity and workplace culture at RSES.
- Development of evidence-based, prioritised recommendations for actions in the School, many of which have already been implemented by the senior leadership group and are leading to positive change.
- This also became the model for similar activities in other ANU Schools and outside organisations.
- Shown leadership at College level by influencing formation of the CPMS equity and diversity committee
Image credit Lannon Harley