The Australian Women's History forum have issued an advance announcement for their upcoming headline debate on the proposition that:
Invitiations to particiapte in the debate will be sent out necxt minth to all women parliamentarians and representatives of women's organisations. It is also expected that many members of the public will attend.
The debate will take place at the Albert Hall, Canberra on the evening of Wednesday 26 March 2014 and will be followed by a reception.
Debaters will include:
- Dr Anne Summers AO, journalist, author, editor, publisher, head of Australia’s first Office of the Status of Women and the author of landmark books from Damned Whores and God’s Police (1975) to The Misogyny Factor (2013)
- Ms Alix Biggs, ANU student, national and international debater and a former Australian Young Historian of the Year
- Professor Marnie Hughes-Warrington, Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) at the Australian National University, historiographer and author of several books including Revisionist Histories (2013) and a winner of the Prime Minister's Award for University Teacher of the Year
- Professor Marilyn Lake, University of Melbourne historian and current president of the Australian Historical Association, whose publications reflect
- her special interest in the political history of Australian women
- Professor Angela Woollacott, Professor of History at the Australian National University, editor of the Cambridge University Press History for the Australian Curriculum series and author of many works on women and history
The full advance announcement is attached below.