Invitation to contribute to the ACT ALP Platform – Women’s Review and Reform
ACT ALP Status of Women Policy Committee is seeking ideas and input for a Review and Reform project that will consider the ACT ALP’s Agenda for Women platform and, more generally, all aspects of the ACT ALP platform as it relates to women.
The aim is to:
- Review the existing Agenda for Women section of the ACT ALP Platform,
- Review all aspects of the ACT ALP platform as it relates to women,
- Ensure that positions reached by General Resolutions at recent ACT ALP conferences are included in the Platform,
- Ensure that positions reached by General Resolutions at the National Labor Women’s Conference are included in the Platform, and
- Produce a new draft Women’s Platform and related platform changes, to be placed on the agenda for debate at the ACT ALP 2015 Conference.
To assist with a contribution the committee has provided the following links to relevant documents:
- List of relevant policy areas
- ACT ALP Agenda For Women section of the ACT ALP Platform
- ACT ALP full Platform
- Relevant resolutions from the ACT ALP Conference 2014
- Resolutions form the National Labor Women’s Conference 2014
If you are interested in working with the Committee on any area of the Platform please email ACT Labor Status of Women, including the particular area/s of policy you are interested in working on.