The following grants have been awarded by the Gender Institute in 2018
Grant Round 1, 2018:
- Samuel Blanch, After the Rule symposium by Dr Miranda Johnson (Sydney) and Dr Honni van Rijswijk (UTS). 21-22 September 2018. Report
- James Debowski, Public Lecture, The Cultural Life of Cheese: Gender, Labour and Microbes in U.S. American Craft Production. 24 August. Report
- Rachel England, ANU-ACIAR 2018 Symposium, Gender, Food Security and Climate Change in Asia and the Pacific. 30 April 2019.
- Fiona Jenkins, Signature Event, Gender equality and the pursuit of excellence: Critical perspectives on knowledge-production in the humanities and social sciences. 26-28 June 2019.
- Merryn McKinnon, Lecture & Seminar on Gendered Labour Roles and Rewards in Science. 22 August 2018. Podcast | Report
- Alexandra Schumann-Gillett, Fifty50 meets She Leads: Empowering and Inspiring Women ANU Student Leaders. 1 August 2018. Report
- Tatum Street, Workshop, Japanese military sexual slavery and women’s lives in the Asia-Pacific region today. 21 November 2018. Report
- Annick Thomassin, Lecture, Beyond Fishing: Torres Strait Islander women’s connections to the sea. 7 March 2019.
Grant Round 2, 2018:
- Hannah Bulloch, Discourses of Development and Intergenerational Aspirations in Asia. 20 November 2019.
- Katherine Carroll, ANU Family Studies Research Symposium. Week of 24 June 2019.
- Evelyn Goh, Women in International Security: Scholarship and Practice. 1 February – 31 December 2019.
- Susan Howitt, Writing workshops for EMCR women in science. Mid-2019.
- Julieanne Lamond, Gender inequality in the publishing, teaching and reading of Literature in Australia. February - June 2019. Report
- Katarzyna Williams, Gendered mobility: narrating borders and transit spaces. March 2019 *cancelled*
Out of Round, 2018:
- Bronte McHenry, Printing of semester 1 Bossy Magazine. 1 Jan - 31 Jul 2018.
- Susan Howitt, Writing and Editing Workshops for Female EMCRs in Science. 2 November 2018. Report
- Siobhan McDonnell, Pre-fieldwork workshop for Humanities students. Navigating the Field. June-July 2018.
- Lescinska Fernandez, Funding Package for the ANU Circle for Gender Equity. 1 year - 2019.