Applications for the 2017 Gender Institute student prizes for undergraduate and graduate work completed in 2017 are now closed. Information about the annual prizes is available below.
The total prize pool this year will be $2500. Submission details are available below.
Prizes are awarded annually to ANU students under the following categories:
- Undergraduate Honours Thesis $500
- Masters Essay/Thesis $500
- PhD Thesis $1000
- Journal article published in 2017 by an ANU graduate student $500
Prizewinners are selected on the basis of:
- Quality in the specialist disciplines or field (as evinced in the examiners' reports)
- Evidence of how far thesis was seen to advance broader feminist theory in studies of gender and/or sexuality
*Please note that for the Honours thesis and Masters essay/thesis prizes, only essays/theses that received at least 80% (HD/H1) can be considered.
To apply, applicants need to do the following:
- Download and complete an application form (attached below).
- Submit this form signed and scanned with the filename appended to include your initials, along with the required documents (listed below), using the online portal.
- The completed application form
- A copy of the thesis/article
- The supervisor's letter of support (including for Honours the numerical grades awarded by examiners, overall numerical grade for the honours year and final level of award, the percentage weight for the thesis, and how the candidate ranked in relation to the overall honours cohort in that year).
- Examiners' (or for an article referees') reports: a scanned, signed copy.
When are applications due?
Applications close on 15 January 2018.
Please direct all enquiries to:
|PRIZES 2017-18_0_0.docx||23.92 KB|
|PRIZES 2017-18_1_0.pdf||154.61 KB|