The following grants have been awarded by the Gender Institute in 2017
Grant Round 1, 2017:
- Dr Miranda Forsyth, Workshop, Law, Space, Time. 17 August 2017. Report
- Dr Cathy Banwell, Workshop for graduate students, Enhancing Gender in Research and Writing, 6-7 September 2017. Report
- Dr Carolyn Strange, Conference: Feminist Utopias: Past, Present and Imagined and Graduate masterclass with Prof Hemmings. 8 & 11 September 2017. Report
- Katherine Carroll, Evening reception and Symposium: Reproduction and Family Formation in Australia. 20 & 21 November 2017. Report
- Bronte McHenry, Bite-sized thesis project: Bossy. Concluding 16 June 2018. Report
- Professor Susan Scott, Homeward Bound 2018 global leadership training initiative: Supporting ANU women in STEM. Concluding March 2018. Video | Article
- A/Professor Kuntala Lahiri-Dutt, Between piety, agency and ethical leadership: Why the triple talaq must stop: interrogating a slice of contemporary history in India. 26 April 2018. Podcast | Report.
Grant Round 2, 2017:
- Dr Alexandra Dellios, Symposium, Australian Women’s History Network 2018: The Past is a Position: History, Activism and Privilege. 2 July 2018. Report
- Professor Evelyn Gogh, Seminar Series, Women in International Security: Scholarship and Practice. 1 Apr 2018 – 1 Nov 2019.
- A/Professor Edith Gray, Public lecture by Prof Sharon Sassler: Early Career Transitions in STEM Employment: Processes Shaping Retention and Satisfaction. 3 July 2018. Video interview | Video podcast | Report
- Dr Liana Leach, Advancing parental leave for fathers in Australia: Supporting access to family friendly working arrangements to enable gender equity. 9 August 2018. Report | Summary and Consensus Statement
- Dr Merryn McKinnon, Communication and Engagement Fellows: An innovative career development initiative for female-identifying STEMM researchers. April – October 2018. Report
- Professor Mary Lou Rasmussen, 2-day Symposium, Happy anniversary? Reflecting on Marriage Equality. 12-13 November 2018.
- Dr Russell Smith, Keynote by Prof Julie Carlson: Frankenstein 2018: Two Hundred Years of Monsters. 12-15 September 2018. Report
Out of Round, 2017:
- Dr Julie Smith, 2-day Workshop, Gender Responsive Budgeting for Breastfeeding. 11 & 12 September 2017. Report
- A/Professor Céline d'Orgeville, 2017 APRU Asia Pacific Women in Leadership Workshop. 1-3 November. Report
- Susan Hutchinson, Public lecture and panel discussion, Prosecute; don’t perpetrate. 23 November 2017. Report | Podcast | Video