The following grants have been awarded by the Gender Institute in 2016
Grant Round 1, 2016:
- Angela Woollacott, Symposium: How the personal became political: re-assessing Australia's revolutions in Gender and Sexuality in the 1970s. 6-7 March 2017. Report | Podcast | AFS Special Issue | Book
- Natalie Williams, Conference: Women in the Creative Arts, 10-12 August 2017. Report
- Louise Stone, Kirsty Douglas & Christine Phillips, Research project and Publication: Sexual Abuse of Doctors by Doctors. Concluding 2018. Research paper
- Desmond Manderson & Carolyn Strange, Round Table, Utopia 500. Report | Video
- Steve Lee & Phillip Tweedie, CECS Dean’s Colloquium: Female Entrepreneur Series. Report
- Simon Avenell, Benjamin Hegarty & Shiori Shakuto, Masterclass with Dr Dredge Kang. Report
Grant Round 2, 2016:
- Denise Ferris, Distinguished lecture: Maternal Studies and Matricentric Feminism: Theory, Activism, and Practice. 29 November 2017. Report | Video
- Helen Keane, Distinguished lecture and postgrad workshop: Public Lecture and Masterclass by Professor Elizabeth Wilson. 5 June 2017. Report
- Rosanne Kennedy, Distinguished lecture: Cultures of Sexual Assault: Global Dialogues. 2-4 August 2018. Report | Podcast
- Kuntala Lahiri-Dutt, Distinguished lecture, postgrad workshop and gender equity initiative: Varieties of feminisms in India and elsewhere. 15 May and 9 June 2017. Report
- Jody McPhee, ANU Circle for Gender Equity, Funding package for a series of Circle for Gender Equity events.
- Skye Saunders, Gender equity initiative, seed funding and workshop, conference or symposium: Towards a National Plan for Addressing Sex Discrimination in Rural Australia.
- Katerina Teaiwa, Workshop: Creative Approaches to Climate Justice and Gender in Oceania, 18 May 2017. ABC Pacific Beat Podcast | Report
- Bianca Williams, Workshop and Exhinition: Aboriginal Pregnancy Belly Casting Workshop and Exhibition with focus on reconciliation. 13 October 2017. Report
Out of Round, 2016:
- Marian Sawer, Australian Political Science Association (APSA) workshop: Gendered innovation in political science. Report
- Desmond Manderson, Public Lecture by Alex Sharpe: Scary monsters: the hopeful undecidability of David Bowie (1947-2016). Podcast | Report
- Susan Harris-Rimmer, Dr Sima Samar's visit to Canberra.
- Julie Smith, a seminar on breastfeeding at the ANU.
- Ann McGrath, Public Lecture/Seminar by Philippa Levine.
Consuelo Martinez Reyes, Poetry Performance by Dr Angelique V. Nixon for the Australian Association for Caribbean Studies Conference 2017. 9-11 February 2017. Report
- Céline d'Orgeville, First Gender Equity Panel for the SPIE Astronomical Telescopes and Instrumentation Conference. Report