The following grants have been awarded by the Gender Institute in 2016.
Grant Round 1, 2016:
- Professor Angela Woollacott, Two-day Interdisiplinary Symposium: How the personal became political: re-assessing Australia's revolutions in Gender and Sexuality in the 1970s. 6 & 7 March 2017. Report | Podcast | AFS Special Issue.
- Dr Natalie Williams, conference in collaboration with Canberra International Music Festival: Women in the Creative Arts, 10-12 August 2017. Report.
- Dr Louise Stone, Professor Kirsty Douglas and A/Professor Christine Phillips, research project and open access journal publication: Sexual Abuse of Doctors by Doctors. Concluding 2018.
- Professor Desmond Manderson and Dr Carolyn Strange, round table event: Utopia 500, including collaboration with the National Library of Australia. Report | Video.
- Dr Steve Lee and Mr Phillip Tweedie, CECS Dean’s Colloquium – Female Entrepreneur Series. Report.
- A/Professor Simon Avenell, Mr Benjamin Hegarty and Ms Shiori Shakuto: Master Class for post graduate students, with Dr Dredge Kang. Report.
Grant Round 2, 2016:
- A/Professor Denise Ferris, Distinguished lecture: Maternal Studies and Matricentric Feminism: Theory, Activism, and Practice. 29 November 2017. Report | Video.
- A/Professor Helen Keane, Distinguished lecture and postgrad workshop: Public Lecture and Masterclass by Professor Elizabeth Wilson. 5 June 2017. Report.
- A/Professor Rosanne Kennedy, Distinguished lecture: Cultures of Sexual Assault: Global Dialogues. 2-4 August 2018. Podcast.
- Dr Kuntala Lahiri-Dutt, Distinguished lecture, postgrad workshop and gender equity initiative: Varieties of feminisms in India and elsewhere. 15 May and 9 June 2017. Report.
- Ms Jody McPhee (ANUCGE), Workshop, conference or symposium on gender and/or sexuality: Funding package for a series of Circle for Gender Equity events.
- Dr Skye Saunders, Gender equity initiative, seed funding and workshop, conference or symposium: Towards a National Plan for Addressing Sex Discrimination in Rural Australia.
- Dr Katerina Teaiwa, Postgrad workshop and writing workshop for ECRs: Creative Approaches to Climate Justice and Gender in Oceania, 18 May 2017. ABC Pacific Beat Podcast | Report.
- Ms Bianca Williams, Workshop, conference or symposium on gender and/or sexuality: Aboriginal Pregnancy Belly Casting Workshop and Exhibition with focus on reconciliation, 13 October 2017. Report.
Out of Round, 2016:
- Emeritus Professor Marian Sawer, Gendered innovation in political science: Australian Political Science Association (APSA) workshop. Report.
- Professor Desmond Manderson, 'Scary monsters: the hopeful undecidability of David Bowie (1947-2016)', a public lecture by Alex Sharpe. Podcast | Report.
- A/Professor Susan Harris-Rimmer, Dr Sima Samar's visit to Canberra.
- Dr Julie Smith, a seminar on breastfeeding at the ANU.
- Professor Ann McGrath, Public Lecture/ Seminar by Philippa Levine, University of Texas at ANU.
Dr Consuelo Martinez Reyes, Poetry Performance by Dr Angelique V. Nixon for the Australian Association for Caribbean Studies Conference 2017. 9-11 February 2017. Report.
- A/Professor Céline d'Orgeville, First Gender Equity Panel for the SPIE Astronomical Telescopes and Instrumentation Conference. Report.