The following grants were awarded by the Gender Institute in 2015.
Grant Round 1, 2015:
- Ms Salmah Eva-Lina Lawrence, public lecture and ECR masterclass: Visiting Professor Linda Alcoff to present a public lecture on ‘Global echoes of rape and resistance’ and to hold a masterclass on ‘The future of whiteness, or the realism of white identity’, August/ September 2015: Report.
- Mr Ramesh Sunam, postgraduate workshop: ‘The great transformation in South Asia: A workshop on feminisation of agriculture and its implications for food security for billions of people’, August 2015.
- Dr Kathryn Henne & Dr Benjamin Authers, Collaborative Research Node: ‘Possibilities of Feminist Regulation’, various seminars, workshops and writing retreats, July 2015-August 2016: Report.
- Dr Gemma Carey, Dr Lara Corr & Dr Kathy Landvogt, policy roundtable and public forum - The Power To Persuade Symposium: Gender forum: ‘Now you see it, now you don't: gender in contemporary policy’, September 2015: Report.
- Dr Kuntala Lahiri-Dutt, workshop on gender in informal mining (within the International conference ‘Between the plough and the pick: informal mining in the contemporary world’), 6 November 2015
- Professor Kathryn Robinson & Dr Zazie Bowen, workshop: ‘Islam, Gender Relations and Women's Agency: An India-Indonesia comparative international workshop’, 6-7 November 2015
- Dr Kasia Williams, workshop: ‘Women of diaspora: roles and (self)representations’, November 2015 to February 2016: Report.
Grant Round 2, 2015
- Dr Rachel Morgain, postgraduate workshop: 'Gender, Science and Wonder', February 2016: Report.
- Ms Nina McLean, signature event and postgraduate workshop: 'Homeward Bound, Antarctica - leadership and strategic thinking in women, ANU', 3 x 6day workshops and seminar program, February 2017.
- Dr Julianne Lamond, signature event public lecture, seminar and internship project: 'The gendering of literature in Australia'. In partnership with The Stella Prize and Feminartsy, Feb-May 2016.
- Ms Supriya Pozhuvelile Benjamin, 2016 panel presentations and speaker program, ANU Circle for Gender Equity.
- Assoc. Professor Christine Phillips, gender equity and research initiative and postgraduate workshop for medical students: 'Recognising and addressing gender-based harassment in professional education: skills development initiative', 2016.
- Eun Ju Kim-Baker, discussion panel event: 'Man Up!: What it means to "Be a Man" - A critical masculinities discussion panel', 2016 (TBA).
- Francesca Maclean, Cultural audit of of undergraduate sutdents in CECS, 2015- 2016.
Out of Round grants 2015:
- Ms Susan Hutchinson, contribution towards attendance as a civil society delegate to the Commission on the Status of Women (CSW) in New York, March/April 2015.
- Professor Francesca Merlan, contribution towards the book launch of Wives and Wanderers in a New Guinea Highlands Society (edited by Francesca Merlan), March 2015.
- Dr Joanna Sikora, 'Advancing Women in Science', a public lecture by Dr Lisa Frehill of the National Science Foundation, Washington USA, November 2015: Report.
- Christina Kenny (PhD Candidate, School of International, Political and Strategic Studies), workshop: "The Master’s tools will never dismantle the Master’s house”: Radically engaging with International human rights, intersectional advocacy and embodied sexuality and sexual practice', October 2015: Report.
- Joyce Das, Evi Eliyanah, Benjamin D Hegarty, postgraduate conference and workshop: 'Transforming the field of study', November 2015. Conference Report. Conference Booklet.