The following grants have been awarded by the Gender Institute in 2014.
Grant Round 1, 2014:
- Celine d'Orgeville, Women in Astronomy 2014 workshop: 'We are All Made of Stars: Establishing Equity and Diversity within Australian Astronomy', co-sponsoship of the annual workshop, August 2014.
- Dr Julie Smith, 'Breastfeeding support on campus within a human rights framework: How does the ANU stack up nationally?': workshop and forum, July - October 2014
- Dr Susan Harris Rimmer, Investing in Gender Equality at the Group of 20 Leaders' Summit, Brisbane 2014. A signature event/public event and an invitation only Policy Forum jointly hosted with UK think tank Chatham House, September 2014
- Dr Carolyn Strange, 'Women's Studies and Gender Studies @ ANU: A Celebration of Professor Jill Julius Matthews' career'. An event highlighting the historical dvelopment of gender studies at ANU.
Grant Round 2, 2014:
- Anne Rees, 'Flesh and Blood: A Feminist Symposium on Embodied Histories' Lilith Journal annual conference, May 2015.
- Anne Sophie Dielen, attendance at ComBio 2014 Women in Science Dinner, including a panel discussion with leading women scientists from across Australia, for ANU students, September 2014. Full report (PDF 338k)
- Anne Sophie Dielen, the 'League of Remarkable Women in Science' profiling exceptional female scientists from all over the globe.
- Penny King, Women's Career Pathways in the Research School of Earth Sciences, ANU equity research initiative.
- Sophie Yates, 2015 panel presentations and speaker program, ANU Circle for Gender Equity.
- Beth Beckman, Academic Women’s Writing Workshop (AWWW), December 2014.
- Anne MacDuff, 'Post Feminism, Post Theory, Post Critique?' a workshop on academic feminism in Law, hosted at ANU College of Law, May 2015.
- Catherine Noonan, Harvard Undergraduate International Women in Business (HUWIB) Summit attendance and post Summit presentation by 4 ANU students.
Out of Round, 2014:
- Zuleika Arashiro, Decolonising International Development: Narratives & Practices, signature event/workshop, May 2015
- Miranda Stewart, Gender and Tax Policy: International Lecture and Workshop, Sept 2015. Report
- Jessica Avalon, ANU Circle for Gender Equity Panel Discussion on Culture, Gender and Development, March 2014