We are pleased to have been able to make funding contributions towards the following projects in 2011. These projects will help promote collaboration and linkages across the seven ANU Colleges and to support the employment and retention of women at all levels.
Grant Round 1, 2011:
- Dr Carolyn Strange, Honour Killing Across Culture and Time (conference),8-9 December 2011. Grant report (PDF, 49KB).
- Dr Katharine Young, Global Poverty, Community Action and Human Rights (postgraduate workshop) 2012.
- Prof Marian Sawer, "The Second Sex: The first unabridged English translation", 29 November - 30 December 2011.
- Dr Ruth Barraclough, Conference: Red Love and Proletarian Femmes Fatales , 24-25 November 2011. Post-workshop report (PDF, 29KB)
- Professor Thomas Pogge, Measuring Poverty and Gender Disparity (forum), 21 March 2011.
Grant Round 2, 2011:
- Mhairi Cowden, Women’s Advancement in Political Science (workshop), 29th September 2011. Report (PDF, 1.1MB)
- Fiona Jenkins, ‘Gender and Feminism in the Social Sciences: Equity, Excellence and Knowledge in the Disciplines’ workshop at the end of 2012 and The Fate of Feminism in Philosophy, Symposium to be held jointly with the interdisciplinary symposium on feminism, 2012.
- Robyn Holder, Participatory Justice for Victims, event at national conference in 2012 on issues surrounding violence and crime.
Out of Round, 2011:
- Tania Colwell, Working for Women: experiences, relationships, and cultural representation in pre-modern Europe (conference), 20 August 2011. Event summary (PDF, 2.5MB)
- Veronica Taylor, ANU Inspiring Women, funded by the Gender Institute and the Vice Chancellor from the ANU Division of Human Resources, 2012